Now that you have made the decision to build with Jandson Homes, the next step is simple.
Your Sales Consultant will assist you in organising the payment of a commencement fee. To help you select the materials and colours for your new home, they will also provide you with a personalised colour pack.
At Jandson, we firmly believe that strong communication with a prompt response system is the key to a positive home building experience. As such, soon after paying your commencement fee you will receive a letter from our Head Office introducing your own point of contact for any queries that you may have throughout the process.
You have elected to utilise the Complying Development Application process. This is different from the standard development application (which is processed through the local Council). Jandson Homes provide the services of a fully qualified Certifying Authority to obtain approval for a C.D.C. application and even though the actual approval time is shorter, the preparation of the lodgement takes longer than a standard application. This is due to the increased amount of documentation that has to be provided with the initial lodgement.
Milestone 1 – PLAN PREPARATION
The pre-construction process commences with the ordering of the following documentation:
- Contour Survey of your site to Complying Development Application requirements
- Bore Hole Test – (to determine the type of slab that will be required)
- Current 149 Certificate (this is a full zoning certificate issued by Council)
- Demolition quote (if applicable)
On receipt of these details Jandson prepares a full set of working plans in readiness for your approval. We also order the additional information that is required as part of the application.
- Nathers and Basix Certificates (energy and water ratings)
- Hydraulic Engineering Details (drainage of stormwater)
- Bushfire reports
- Engineering details
- Waterboard approval
- Fee and bond payments (if required)
** Please note that not all of these reports will be required for every application.
During this period, we will contact you regularly to obtain any information or detail that we require to move your development through each phase as quickly as possible. We are also always available to answer any queries you may have.
Milestone 2 – LODGEMENT OF COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE APPLICATION
We will let you know when the Application has been lodged with our Certifiers and keep you updated on its progress on a regular basis.
This is also the time for you to make an internal Colour Selection Appointment with our Colour Consultants.
A brief outline of the Complying Development Application process is as follows:
Application lodged with the Certifiers
- Initial check of zoning details completed.
- Certifiers check that all documentation is correct
- Site visit completed
- Assessment commences
- Certifiers will liaise with Jandson if they require further detail or clarification.
- Approval is released.
While the Certifiers are the processing the application it is important that you are finalising the following details. This allows us to make a prompt move into the contract and construction stage once we receive formal Approval.
- Colour Selection appointment completed/finalised and signed off
- All variations generated from the Colour Appointment signed off and returned to Head Office.
- If utilising a Lender to fund the project, obtain loan approval and confirm Lender requirements to finalise the loan. (Please send a copy of this approval to Jandson’s Head Office)
- Confirm arrangements with your Demolisher (if required) on approximate commencement times.
- Start investigating rental properties (if required).
Milestone 3 – ISSUE OF CONTRACT DOCUMENTS
Once we receive approval from our Certifiers, it will be checked and a copy sent to you for your information.
Jandson will then organise the following detail in order to prepare for moving your file into the Construction Department in readiness for building to commence.
- Prepare and Issue Contract documents to you for sign off and return.
- Order Home Owner’s Warranty Insurance.
- Organise an Estimating file, so that the ordering process can commence for all the materials for your new home.
- Provide you with a copy of any documentation that your Lender may require.
Milestone 4 – CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
- Contracts are completed/countersigned by Jandson. A copy is returned to you for your files and Lender’s requirements.
- A Customer Relations Co-ordinator is allocated to you for the duration of Construction. They will contact you to introduce themselves and confirm your preferred method of contact (i.e. email or phone).
- Final Construction Plans are forwarded to you for checking and sign off.
- Orders are issued to our Suppliers for all materials.
- Pegout Survey is ordered from our Surveyors.
SITE WORKS COMMENCE
- Pegout Survey completed
- Temporary Fencing installed
- Sedimentation control installed
- Excavation done
- Piers are poured
(After the Engineer and Certifier have inspected them, the pier holes are filled with concrete to protect against overnight deterioration (wherever possible) and to enable the curing process to begin.
Slab formwork and drainage
Formwork reinforcement and drainage is now set up in readiness for pouring of the slab. Again the Engineer inspects this preparatory work before the slab can be poured.
Pouring the Slab
Slab poured and left to cure (harden) for 5 days.
Progress payment 1 is submitted for payment.
Frames and Windows installed
- Frames and windows arrive on site. On sites with restricted access, the frame may be delivered in stages.
- Frames and Trusses are erected. In some cases the roof may be left for erection until the brickwork is completed.
Progress payment 2 is submitted for payment.
Bricks and Tiles laid
Bricks arrive on site and are laid. In some cases brickwork may be completed in stages, allowing for scaffold and other necessary works to be completed.
Fascia and Guttering Installed
Fascia and guttering installed and roof tiles put in place – this may also happen in stages to work with scaffolding.
Progress payment 3 is submitted for payment.
- Bricks are cleaned, electrical cabling and plumbing pipework installed.
- Air conditioning ducting and electrical cabling also installed (if included in contract)
- Downpipes are fitted and waterproofing is applied to the bathrooms and laundry.
- Your frame is inspected by the Principal Certifier
Insulation and Linings
- Insulation is installed and plasterboard fitted.
- The plasterboard is sanded and cornices installed.
Lock up, Joinery and Staircase
- Your home is normally locked up at this point and internal doors and timber work fitted.
- The staircase (if relevant) is also fitted.
Kitchens, vanities and bath
- Kitchens, vanities and baths are installed in preparation for tiling.
- Stone-type benchtops to be fitted to the cupboards (if applicable) will require a further 10 days for manufacturing following on-site measurement of the cupboards.
Progress payment 4 is submitted for payment.
Tiling, painting and other trade finish offs
- Tiling is completed to the bathrooms, balconies and/or verandahs where applicable.
- Painting is completed.
- Plumbing, electrical and carpentry finishes off.
Final Progress payment request is sent in preparation for Settlement
Finish off and Final Inspection
- Shower Screens and mirrors installed
- Final paint and touch-up completed
- House is cleaned
- Carpet and or/vinyl is laid (if applicable)
- Fencing and Landscaping completed (if applicable)
- Kitchen appliances and hot water system are not installed until the day of settlement.
- Practical Completion Notice issued
- Final Inspection is conducted by Principal Certifier
- Final Inspection with you and your Supervisor
- Settlement date arranged
- Hand over completed and settlement occurs
Milestone 5 – PREPARING FOR THE HANDOVER OF YOUR NEW HOME
These will include the following items:
- Organising Telephone, Electricity, Gas and Water Accounts in your name.
- Arranging the final Inspection and Valuation by your Lender (if required)
- Advising us of a suitable date to install the kitchen appliances and Hot Water System.